Nominations for Philanthropy Australia’s Environmental Philanthropy Award 2019 are now open!
The AEGN is again a proud sponsor of this award and encourages you to nominate your favourite grant. It’s an opportunity to recognise excellence in environmental grantmaking, raise the profile of environmental philanthropy within the broader sector and inspire new environmental funders.
Grants eligible for the Environmental Philanthropy Award are those that improve the conservation and functioning of Australia’s environment and have a significant and immediate impact, as well as:
- ramp up philanthropic funding;
- use communication tools to bring new and different voices or influence broad public sentiment about environmental protection and action;
- exemplify effective advocacy that influences key decision-makers and/or changes public policy by using a range of tools;
- support collaboration and coordination rather than competition or support hidden “backbone” activities; and/or
- take solutions up to scale.
The award is one of seven award categories in the Australian Philanthropy Awards, which recognise and celebrate extraordinary achievements in contemporary philanthropy for work that is visionary, high impact and transformative.
Detailed selection and eligibility criteria, and nomination forms, are available at Philanthropy Australia
. Nominations close at 5pm (AEST) on Friday 17 May 2019.
For more information, please contact Ione McLean at email@example.com
, mobile 0434 367 129, or Kris Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
, mobile 0405 533 410.