Giving Green: Guide to grantmaking
This is step 10 of 10 of the Giving Green grantmaking guide. For a hard copy of this guide, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now bring it all together.
Go to your worksheet and make sure you have filled in as much as you can.
- Do you feel good about your research?
- Are you clear about your mission and values?
- Have you decided on your priority areas and the types of funding you might give? If there are too many, choose one to begin with.
- Have you talked to the organisations that you are thinking about funding? Do they agree with your ideas about the types of approaches that need funding or are you going to call for applications?
- Will you establish an agreement with your fundee and have you decided on how you want to stay in contact with them? Do you want the project you have funded reviewed or evaluated?
Once you have made your decisions, the next step for you to take is to give your funds away and enjoy your good work.
Remember, grantmaking is an imprecise science and there is no silver bullet to solving environmental issues. But many AEGN members have funded all sorts of different projects with terrific outcomes. Alone our work is a drop in the ocean but together we can save the world!
Finally, good luck! There is very little certainty in the business of giving funds away but it can be deeply satisfying and have great impact on the issues you care about. So take a leap and get funding!
- Who have you funded, for how much and over what time period?
Download and print out a copy of the Worksheet (PDF 123kb).