Membership of the Australian Environmental Grantmakers Network (AEGN) is open to organisations and individual funders that:
- Act primarily as grantmakers, not grantseekers
- Make or are interested in making environmental grants in Australia
- Are capable of giving $25,000 or more per annum – this relates to total giving to all issues not just to the environment
- Have the capacity to give to more than one organisation
- Where philanthropic endeavours are attached to another entity, such as a business or corporation, have a separate board for decision-making purposes that relate to their philanthropy
- Demonstrate environmental responsibility in their policies and operations
- Agree not to use their membership of the AEGN for the purposes of grantseeking
All membership submissions are reviewed by the AEGN Board and an organisation or individual that does not fully meet the membership criteria may be refused.
AEGN membership year runs from July 1st to June 30th. For new members joining after January 1st the fee will be discounted by 50%.
Our standard membership fee is $500. Beyond your membership, you can also play a vital role in funding the AEGN’s work by choosing to become a Strategic, Sustaining, Leading or Ambassador Supporter.
Membership and supporter donation structure:
- Membership – annual fee – $500
- Membership (January to June) half year – $250
- Strategic Supporter – donation ($1 – $4,499) & member fee ($500)
- Sustaining Supporter – donation ($4,500 – $14,499) & member fee ($500)
- Leading Supporter – donation ($14,500 – $49,499) & member fee ($500)
- Ambassador Supporter – donation ($49,500+) & member fee ($500)
- Other – your choice of donation & member fee – $500 + a donation of your choice.
The AEGN does not receive corporate sponsorship or government funding. We rely completely on the financial support of our members. If you would like more information about the AEGN’s funding requirements, the projects in need of support or would like a presentation to your board, please contact the AEGN.
Membership fees include GST and are a ‘fee for service’ and therefore not tax deductible. Donations, however, are tax deductible. The AEGN has deductible gift recipient (DGR) and tax concession charity (TCC) status.
If you have a public ancillary fund (PAF), this article provides guidance on how you can consider using your PAF funds to cover AEGN membership fees.
Join the AEGN by: