We provide a range of services for members, all designed to inspire philanthropy to increase support for environment and help grantmakers practice effective environmental grantmaking.
This includes services which:
- Increase grantmakers’ knowledge about environmental issues and grantmaking practice
- Convene members with each other and with leading experts who share their expertise about environmental issues and ways of making change
- Support members to collaborate with each other to leverage greater giving and respond to high priority areas of need
- Our Giving Green program includes a range of materials which provide the basics (and more) on environmental grantmaking. This includes philanthropy briefings on nine environmental issues and other publications.
- The directory of Australian environmental organisations is the most comprehensive listing of environmental organisations in Australia. The directory helps grantmakers understand which organisations are working on the issues and in the regions they care most about.
For members only
- We can provide curated lists of environmental organisations and link up members with shared interests. This is a highly valued service for those new to environmental grantmaking.
- We can help find an expert to support the development of well informed and strategic grantmaking strategies.
- A wide range of events bring together like minded grantmakers to learn and share. This includes an annual conference and annual field trips.
- We support members to organise their own events to showcase the organisations they support.
For members only
- You can access a range of subscriber-only email lists, including the AEGN TalkOnline list.
- You can access the Clearinghouse where other members share proposals to support environmental initiatives.
- You can join issue based funder groups to collaborate with other members with shared interests.