The AEGN brings together philanthropists who care about the environment and enables them to become better at what they love doing. Our members co-fund, share networks, go on field trips together, attend private briefings and much more. Above all, our members discover that far more can be achieved through working together than by acting alone.
Established in 2008, we are a member based organisation that aims to help members become more effective environmental grantmakers through information sharing, collaboration and networking. We also aim to grow the amount of philanthropic funds going to the environment within Australia.
The AEGN provides the means for environmental grantmakers to:
- Connect with, encourage and challenge one another
- Explore environmental issues and grantmaking
- Promote, diversify and expand environmental philanthropy
To find out more about being a member, refer to member services.
Our vision and mission
Our vision is a world in which people and nature thrive.
Our mission is to inspire and enable catalytic,effective and impactful environment and climate change grantmaking.
- Ethical in all we do
- Respectful of our partners, practitioners, experts and each other
- Collaborative in the way we work and recognise outcomes
- Inspiring in our activities and outreach Sustainable in our day to day work
- Ambitious in our programming
- Outcomes – focussed in our strategy Innovative in our thinking.
Our strategic goals
We have canvassed our members extensively and our
shared goals are to:
- Provide services to members that will increase their effectiveness to address environment and climate change issues.
- Increase funding to the environment and climate change from within the AEGN network and from the broader philanthropic and wealth communities.
- Sustain the AEGN so that it can achieve its ambitious goals.
The AEGN will be:
- Inspiring and exciting
- A leader in its field
The 2017-18 Annual Report is available to view and download:
Fast Facts 2018 – key facts on AEGN members and services
– available to view and download:
AEGN Strategic Plan
Member Report 2018-19
AEGN Performance review 2019