This step-by-step guide can help you or your foundation focus your intentions and give you the tools to develop a program of environmental giving.
The grantmaking guide lays out ten questions to help guide you in your environmental giving:
- Are you ready to be a planned giver?
- What is your vision, mission, values and operating principles?
- What is your passion, skills and expertise?
- What region, issues and people do you want to focus on?
- What’s the problem and what are the solutions?
- What approaches are needed to catalyse the solutions?
- What are the types of funding you might give?
- Who will you fund?
- How are you going to administer your funding
- Start funding
Use the Giving Green worksheet (pdf) to help guide you through the steps.